The main aim of GRACE is to implement enhanced recovery in Francophone countries on a large-scale basis and in a multidisciplinary manner.
Therefore, GRACE will certify regional Reference Centres which will have to meet precise specifications. The centres will diffuse this approach through local meetings intended for practitioners in the field. GRACE will also provide doctors with a free database which will serve as a local audit for the evaluation of enhanced recovery practices.
The secondary objective of GRACE is to develop cross-disciplinary research in a field well-suited to inter- and transdisciplinary collaboration.
THE GRACE GROUP OFFER
- validated care procedures, the efficacy of which is demonstrated though numerous high-level scientific studies
- access to the care procedures on the website
- free of charge audit software intended for auto-evaluation
- local and ongoing training due to the proximity of GRACE label-approved Reference Centres
- the satisfaction of seeing patients recover more favourably after a surgical operation
- the development of interdisciplinary, cross-cutting research protocols
- the sharing of data collected prospectively in the database
- lower cost due to a reduction in postoperative complications and duration of hospital stay after surgery